Magento 2.4.2 focuses on several security fixes. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to update your Magento installation to the latest version. Magento 2.4.2 includes 35 security enhancements, and over 280 fixes to the Magento core code. Magento has stated all known issues in version 2.4.1 are now fixed in version 2.4.2. It is notable this is one of the higher security fix counts Magento has released.
Keeping your Magento installation up-to-date helps maintain the proper security of your store, making it the safe for your customers. The Covid-19 pandemic has boosted e-commerce sales making it all the more important to protect your customers’ data.
What’s new in Magento 2.4.2?
- Significant security enhancements
- Patching of Remote Code Execution (RCE) vulnerabilities
- Patching of Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
- Samesite attribute is now supported
- CSP Violations have been corrected.
- Infrastructure enhancements
- Support for Redis 6.x
- Support for ElasticSearch 7.9.x
- Support for Composer 2.x
- Support for storing media files on AWS S3
- New scalability enhancements allowing Magento 2.4.2 to natively support catalogs up to 20x larger than previous Magento versions.
- Performance Enhancements
- New code changes in Magento 2.4.2 boost API performance and backend response times for stores with large catalogs
- Support for web-optimized images in content
- PWA Studio performance enhancements and bug fixes.
- GraphQL Enhancements
- Create and delete comparison lists.
- Added localization support for changing languages and currencies.
- Support for unions in GraphQL
- Schema has been optimized for product data retrieval
- PWA Enhancements
- Venia now supports for multiple languages and currencies.
- Improved extensibility framework
- Performance optimizations and bug fixes to PWA Studio
- Deprecated features
- Split database functionality has been deprecated in Magento 2.4.2
Many changes have been made to Magento 2.4.2. The Host Duplex team offers custom Magento Cloud packages and works closely with Magento development agencies who can assist you with development-related matters. Please contact us for further information by calling us at 877.7.DUPLEX or via our contact form.
Magento 2.4.2 Security Updates and Performance Enhancements